The response to the first information meeting held on January 30, 2013 was phenomenal- there were almost 100 enthusiastic players, parents and coaches in attendance. Thank you. The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 in the Denman Room at the Olde House Village Hotel and Spa located at 1730 Riverside Lane in Courtenay. The first meeting will be for players ages U10-U11-U12 from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. The second meeting will be for players ages U13-U14-U15 from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm. It is my intention at these meeting to provide an opportunity for those interested in the academy program to ask any further questions regarding the plan and initiate the registration process. All parents and players will be asked to submit payment in full at this time as well as compete the registration package. If you would like to receive this registration package prior to the meeting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Importantly, all interested parties must attend the meeting as we will further the discussion regarding the formation of the training groups to follow the registration process, the location or training venue midweek, potential games and travel required to play games and so on. In the event the VIPL players complete their respective season early I will be looking at a drop-in training session leading into the official academy start date in the first week of April, but this will again be discussed at the meeting. As of this moment, I have entered discussion with Academy Programs in both Ladysmith and Victoria regarding games. Games will not be played on a weekly basis as you may have become familiar with, but on a tri-weekly basis so that we can spend more time training the players on technical and tactical areas of development.
19 WINGS SPRING BREAK CAMP AT THE BASE
There is a three-day camp planned at the base April 3, 4, 5, 2013
- U10 - U12 8:30am - 10am $30 Mil Youth/ $45 Other
- U13 - U16 10:00am - 11:30am $30 Mil Youth/ $45 Other
If you would like to register for any one of these programs or require further information please contact email@example.com or call 250-339-8211 Local 7173/6989.
RESIDENTIAL SUMMER CAMPS ON DENMAN ISLAND
The week-long camps on Denman Island during July and August are the highlight of all players and goalkeeper who attend. Each week provides an opportunity to meet new soccer friends, train twice daily, swim at the lake daily, take a midweek trip to Tribune Bay on Hornby Island and enjoy Paola's fantastic home cooked meals!
- July 14-19: 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996 Players and Goalkeeper
- July 21-26: 2000, 2001, 2002 Players and Goalkeepers
- August 3-10: 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995 Advanced Players - please be in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting registration
- August 3-10: 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995 Advanced Goalkeepers with Special Guest Djamel Laarabi (former CSA U17 Mens National Team GK Coach) - please note, this is not a camp for beginner or intermediate level goalkeepers - contact email@example.com prior to submitting registration
Further information and program registration will be made available in the weeks ahead: